- QuAC will not be held on February 13th at Penn, due to room reservations issues. Future plans for the tournament will be announced soon.
- Great Valley High School’s tournament on February 20th is filling up very nicely, with 38 teams registered as of now across the varsity and JV/novice divisions. If anyone is interested in helping to moderate, I’m sure GV would appreciate it since more moderators means more teams get a chance to play.
- The Tartan Invitational at Carnegie Mellon University, also on Feb. 20th, has a smaller field right now, but still plenty of room for new teams.
- There may be some local Intermediate Unit (IU) competitions throughout Feb. and March. Check with your local IU to see how those work, but be aware that the quality of questions and format for those vary dramatically across the state.
- After Great Valley, there’s a bit of a lull until Manheim Township’s tournament on March 19th, which will have both a varsity and a novice/JV division. Then there’s a potential tournament at Penn State on April 16th, but that’s about it for the season other than the state and national championships.
- Teams are encouraged to look to the NY City area and the Maryland/DC area for other tournaments too. You can find upcoming tournaments from all around the country announced here.
- There’s also still time if your school is interested in hosting a tournament in April this year or if you’d like to start planning for a fall tournament. Please feel free to let us know and we’d be happy to help.