Several local tournaments we have not covered in the state deserve a brief mention.
At the one invitational we have not yet written up, Indiana A defeated Ohio’s Fisher Catholic A for a win at the University of Pittsburgh’s Battle of the Burgh XIX on March 19th. Many of the best players in Western PA were unable to play the event. This led to remarkable parity, with 5 teams in a 12 team field finishing either 6-5 or 5-6 in a round robin event.
Here are some local league results. The winners of all the leagues will be representing their teams at states:
- In Pennsylvania’s top local league that uses Pyramidal questions, Manheim Township topped Cedar Crest in a close final. This marks Manheim Townships’s 5th Lanc-Leb title in the past 7 years.
- Carlise came out on top in the Capitol Area League.
- Blue Mountain claimed victory in the Schyulkill IU competition.
- DuBois cruised to victory in the Riverside IU competition.
- In non-pyramidal contests, Henderson triumphed in Chester County, Souderton three-peated in Montgomery County, Central Bucks East won in Bucks County, Lehigh Valley Academy rode to the title in the Colonial IU, Allentown Catholic claimed the prize in the Lehigh-Carbon IU, and Altoona came up on top in IU-8’s various leagues.